We are surrounded by incredible women every day – whether it is our mothers, grandmothers, aunts and sisters, businesswomen, political figures or social entrepreneurs fighting for change. August is Women’s Month in SA and is a time in which we celebrate those special women in our lives, as well as those women who have made impressive contributions to society. Let’s take a look at why Women’s Day and Women’s Month is so significant and why we should all be celebrating it with gusto!
Why Women’s Day / Month is So Important
We celebrate Women’s Day / Month for the following reasons:
- To honour and pay tribute to the females who dedicated their lives to ensuring that women were granted equal rights to men.
- To remember and acknowledge the discrimination and inequality of women in the past, as well as how much of it still remains in many cultures today.
- To celebrate the incredible success and achievements of strong women all over the globe.
- To show our support for the movements dedicated to female empowerment.
- To educate the masses not only about female-related struggles, but about diseases and other afflictions such as female cancers that affect women both young and old.
- To express our love and appreciation to the women who make a difference in our own lives.
Total Risk Administrators SA
Here at TRA, we provide reliable Gap Cover and support when it comes to your health and well-being. FEMME COVER from TRA will assist you by paying out a pre-determined lump sum of money upon confirmed diagnosis of certain female cancers. These cancers include breast cancer, cervical cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, vaginal cancer, bladder cancer, as well as cancer of the fallopian tubes. For more information, please contact your intermediary today.